Sunday, July 25, 2010

Handling Children



It's no walk in the park raising kids, much more when they are both boys!! I don't actually believe what old folks say but I think I have to resign myself to the fact that girls are easier to handle than boys!

For one,I can look back to my own childhood and with all honesty, I can say that my mother didn't had a hard time raising me and my sister, simply because as girls we weren't the type who suddenly becomes invisible at home, who struts off to nowhereland with friends and who were rambunctious, rowdy, hyperactives and all. Simply because we were ordinary girls as opposed to boys who just can't stay put in one place! My kids who are now ages 7 and 5, respectively, are no exception to that. There are times when the house is one great mess and I can't seem to withstand the stress anymore. There are times when the two of them are at odds and it's like WORLD WAR 3 is about to explode any minute but thank heavens, any signs of it are easily aborted with a little help from distractions like a stroll to grandma's house or allowing them to watch their favorite cartoons on dvd.

There are also times when I feel like I am subjected to an interrogation and I am placed into some kind of imaginary microscope. Oh, those endless proddings and questionings can sometimes drive me nuts!!! I am inches away to saying, PLEASE,ASK MR. GOOGLE OR LOOK IT UP AT YAHOO!

So you see, handling kids can really be an art. You have to master it and really be an expert at it, but really, nobody's perfect so it's always a blessing if a day passes with no major hurricane brimming between my two chaps. As a mother I know I am not exemplary enough but my maternal instincts will somehow guide me on how to handle them in a good way albeit not really in a great manner. Well, best of luck for me then!

3 comments:

  1. hi shawie, thanks for dropping by my site. really appreciate your comment.

    oh yeah, the best of all luck to us hands-on mothers. raising children could sometimes be a war within but it's also very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...passionate mom! you've got what it takes. carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you that in most cases it's true that it's easier to handle girls than boys. From my perspective, I think it's a good thing that we are all different because we can learn much and remain appreciative. As well, it gives us the opportunity to exercise our faith and trust God to help us. All the best with your endeavours - nice blog you've put together! :)

    ReplyDelete