Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hats off for Robin!!!


I love watching comedy flicks both local and foreign ones. I may not be regularly updated when it comes to the latest films and tv shows but I deeply appreciate one when I get to watch it. There are plenty of local comedy actors which are very effective in their craft but internationally I have to single out Robin Williams! I happened to watch him lately on TV5 via the flick "Night In the Museum" and wondered if he has any recent film projects.

I've seen Robin in "Birdcage" and "Mrs Doubtfire" and his performance in those films were just simply amazing. I learned he got acting awards on those flicks as well. There is that intense seriousness in his craft even as he is delivering funny lines. And his eyes convey a depth that will draw the viewer to really take notice. His dramatic flicks such as "Awakenings" and "Dead Poets Society" were all the more endearing although he is far more associated with comedy flicks. I do hope he can come up with new projects soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment