Thursday, August 30, 2012

Guyabano/Labana: A Wonder Fruit!


I have come to a point in my life wherein organic and natural remedies to illnesses play a very big role. Take guyabano (we locally refer to it as labana) for instance. All through my growing up years I so take it for granted despite its abundance in our local community. I do know one thing though, I love to drink guyabano shake way back when I was a toddler.

Now that I am pushing 40 I have discovered that this oh so common backyard plant yields many wonders. For one, it has been known to kill cancer cells and alleviate a lot of common woes such as stomach ache, vomiting, diarrhea and arthritis. While the fruit itself is very potent, leaves also have healing properties as well as young shoots, crushed seeds and even its sap.

And while guyabano shake has been my all-time favorite I have, these past few months, also regularly drinking tea extracted from young guyabano leaves. This after recently discovering that I have cervical polyps. I decided to forego taking hormone therapy pills and opted to try the natural way. So far so good, I did not experience any further discomforts although I still experience abnormal bleeding every once in a while. Moreover, I have to agree that the fruit extracts has anti-depressive effects because it seems my moods have improved radically. I tend to feel more happy and in a more cheerful mood these days. :)))

So guys, the next time you see guyabano around why not try it!! Think healthy!!:))






1 comment:

  1. HI,

    Lovin to max shake babana (ilonggo term) for labana. nice post sha!

    ReplyDelete